Commis Chef - Full time - The Shakespeare, Canterbury
Pub/Hotel: The Shakespeare, Canterbury
Commis chef required for busy pub and restaurant in central Canterbury
Due to business demand, the Shakespeare pub and restaurant in Canterbury are looking for a full time Commis Chef to join our team immediately.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of 60 managed houses in the London and the South East; the Shakespeare boats a superb central location in historic Canterbury City. We are a popular drinking and dining spot by day offering a wide range of classic, fresh and distinctive dishes then we have a more contemporary feel in the evening with a wide range of music and relaxed but vibrant feel.
We offer our chefs great training and support, salaries and company benefits, and there may also be the chance for you to join our proven chef’s development programme which will help you achieve your career potential in the longer term.
- Minimum one year’s experience producing quality food in a busy and fast paced kitchen.
- The desire to be part of a dynamic kitchen team and to learn new culinary skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- The ability to practice and adhere to strict food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- You must be able to work as part of a team in an often pressurised environment.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is negotiable dependent on experience.
- Full time flexible working hours.
- Full company training will be provided for the right candidates.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- There is the potential for career development with Shepherd Neames Chef Development Programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role please either apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.
- As above