Kitchen Assistant / Porter - Westminster Arms, London
Kitchen assistant / porter - 30 hours per week Pub/Hotel: Westminster Arms, London Dedicated and reliable KP required for busy London pub
The Westminster Arms is looking for a Kitchen Assistant/Porter to join our team immediately.
Just a stone’s throw away from the Houses of Parliament, we are a traditional and popular pub located in Westminster at the heart of political London. Our main bar is at street level with the 40 cover Queen Anne dining room upstairs and in the basement we have Storey’s Wine Bar which serves bar food in a relaxed atmosphere.
This role will see you working approximately 30 hours a week to include evenings and weekends on a permanent basis.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will be required to support our team of chefs with basic food preparation.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a clean, hygienic and tidy kitchen area.
- You will manage the pot wash and plate wash area, processing cutlery through the washers and ensuring adequate clean stock and cutlery for service.
- Some form of basic kitchen experience is preferable although not essential.
- You will want to work as part of a kitchen team and learn new culinary skills.
- The ability to adhere to food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and busy environment.
- Candidates must be in good physical health as you will be on your feet for most of the shift.
- You must be able to work evenings and weekends.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- You will be a great team player.
- An immediate start is available.
- Full company training will be provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- There is the potential for career development with Shepherd Neame in the longer term.
In order to be considered please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.
- As above