Kitchen Porter - Hotel du Vin Cambridge
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
You scrub up well… responsible for the general cleanliness of the kitchen and staff areas. Kitchen Porters will be required to assist the kitchen brigade by ensuring that the kitchen is maintained at a high level of cleanliness at all times aswell as manage the pot and plate wash areas. It can be a demanding job but the rewards are worth it.
Sitting snugly among the Grade II listed buildings of picturesque Trumpington Street, our Cambridge hotel was lovingly converted from old University buildings. Retaining the original character and quirky architectural features, this boutique hotel is the ideal place to relax, celebrate or do business - or a bit of all three. Also known for its festivals, museums, theatres and open spaces, Cambridge is a town like no other. Just as Hotel du Vin Cambridge is a hotel like no other. Lose yourself in a world of nooks, crannies, exposed brickwork, restored fireplaces and dark wooden floors. Take morning coffee or afternoon tea in the lounge, or savour classic French dishes with a British twist in our trademark Bistro - bon appétit for leisurely lunches or candlelit dinners. Linger over an aperitif or nightcap in deep sofas. Sample some of the finest fizz in the cellar bar or explore terroir and variatels with our expert Sommelier with a wine tasting. Or perhaps hold a private dining experience or get-together in one of our stunning function rooms? And when sleep beckons, retire to one of 41 distinctive bedrooms. You'll find a comfy custom-made bed, soft Egyptian cotton linen, large fluffy towels, monsoon shower or roll top bath. When it comes to unique hotels in Cambridge, Hotel du Vin graduates with honours.