General Manager (Live In available) - The Spanish Galleon, Greenwich
Pub/Hotel: The Spanish Galleon, Greenwich
General Manager required for high volume British Pub with a Twist in Greenwich
Shepherd Neame have an exciting opportunity for a proven General Manager to join our team and take on the successful running of the Spanish Galleon, Greenwich.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East; the Spanish Galleon enjoys a prime spot in the centre of historic Greenwich, just a stone’s throw from the Cutty Sark, Greenwich Pier and the Royal Naval College.
The Spanish Galleon is a traditional British pub with a twist! We have two bars and a conservatory area that offer our customers a great quality pub menu, but here's the best bit, we also have a fish and chip shop inside the pub that's open to customers and passers-by!
The site currently operates on an even 50/50 split across food and liquor sales and it is a very exciting, high volume and fast paced operation that is set in in a prime location. We also have a well-used function room on site which accommodates up to 45 people for weddings, parties, business meetings and events.
Currently the Spanish Galleon has a stronger lunch time and tourist led trade, so we are looking for an ambitious and dynamic General Manager that can continue to service and develop the existing customer base, whilst immersing themselves into the Greenwich scene and further developing the locals and evening trade.
- Proven experience at general management level within the pubs, restaurants or the hospitality sector.
- Experience in a very busy high volume food & beverage operation.
- Former events experience is advantageous, although not essential.
- First class customer service, quality and service delivery standards.
- Proven leadership skills in order to recruit, train, motivate and develop a team of approx. 15 staff.
- You must be commercially astute, able to assist with management reports and profit and loss budgeting.
- The ability to engage the local community and drive sales and marketing from site.
- Ideally you will be an existing personal licence holder.
- Competitive salary that is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Three bed live in accommodation if required.
- Quarterly & year-end bonus scheme.
- Profit share scheme.
- Company pension scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- First class support and development from your Regional District Manager.
- The opportunity to join the country’s oldest family brewer.
If you are looking for a new and exciting career opportunity as a General Manager with a dynamic and ever growing company please apply online with your CV now.