Assistant Reception Manager - Malmaison Oxford
From our iconic buildings to the iconic dishes on our Brasserie menu, we dare to be different from other UK hotels. Our 12 exciting city centre hotels put our guests at the heart of the action, whether they're visiting for business or pleasure.
Malmaison is here to cater for those who demand something different. People who are looking for a stylish stay, daring dining or an impressive events venue. Depending on which Malmaison you choose, you may check in to a converted castle prison, hospital or even a royal mail sorting office. But the difference doesn't stop there. Each location is designed with flair and imagination, with sumptuous accommodation and daring touches around every corner.
And our team's unbridled passion for big events has made Malmaison one of the most popular choices for UK wedding venues.
Malmaison's 12 UK boutique hotels dare to be different.
Malmaison are one of Europe's leading hotel brands gaining a reputation for being at the cutting edge of hospitality today. We have always believed in delivering hospitality in a different way. We select our people from all walks of life but with one common thread, a desire to succeed in life through hard work, loyalty, enthusiasm and respect for their colleagues. We are growing in size and are in the search for the best talented people on the market, if you have these attributes and they are in your heart then we would love to hear from you.
The role involves assisting the Reception Manager to take responsibility for the management of the Front Office team and ensure that all front office procedures are delivered with personality.
Assistant Reception Manager:
• You will be required to ensure that all guest expectations are met throughout their stay including welcoming all guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner.
• You will assist with the management of a team of receptionists ensuring that all standards are met with attention to detail, creating memories of an experience that the guest will never forget.
• You will be passionate about hospitality.
• You will be organised, a good communicator, a hands on manager who has excellent attention to detail.
• Experience in a front office team of a similar quality hotel is required and previous experience of working with Fidelio / Opera is beneficial.
• Assistant Reception Managers must have passion for hospitality and deliver service with a smile.
We are offering a competitive salary and an award winning benefit package including -
• Range of flexible benefits including life insurance.
• A contributory pension scheme.
• Childcare scheme.
• Employee assistance scheme.
• 31 days holiday per annum.
• Company discounts including staff rates and major high street discounts.
We also offer award winning training and development programmes for those who would like to take a step up the career ladder. We are a company continually evolving, developing and growing. A company full of opportunities.
Tired of doing hard time in run-of-the-mill hotels? Well, this time you're going to the slammer in style, at the former gaol now known as Malmaison Oxford. You're not going to be behind bars though: you're going to be sipping the coolest cocktails in the free world at MALBAR. And don't worry about doing porridge. Mal Brasserie serves an eclectic mix of classic dishes with a twist, from freshly caught fish to the famous Mal Burger. So who wants to escape? After all, good behaviour gets you privileges like free wi-fi, drench showers, plasma TVs and and even toiletries that are just begging to be nabbed by light-fingered guests.