Chef de Partie - Wimbledon
Chef de Partie - Hotel du Vin, Wimbledon
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Get a taste for our Kitchen… taking responsibility for the delivery of a high standard of food to our guests. Chef de Partie’s will be required to develop the commis chefs and as part of the role you will be expected to maintain standards of food hygiene and health and safety. You will have the opportunity to move around all sections of the kitchen in this role. Our great tasting menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products. Chef de Parties must be passionate about food and delivering amazing hospitality to our guests.
The property has been sensitively refurbished into a Hotel du Vin whilst maintaining all the personality and individuality already present in this beautiful 19th Century home. Cannizaro House has a rich history, dating back to 1819, having played host to Lord Tennyson, Oscar Wilde and even the last Maharajah of the Punjab, its walls have born witness to some of history’s most vibrant characters. Located within 34 acres of Cannizaro Park and adjacent to Wimbledon Common, the hotel offers a tranquil setting yet is well connected, within the M25 and just 25 minutes from central London by frequent public transport. Aside from nearby boutique shopping and extensive parkland the hotel sits close to the All England Club, the home of tennis, which for a fortnight each year hosts the Wimbledon Tennis Championships attracting interest and personalities from around the world.