Hotel Receptionist - The Marine Hotel, Whitstable
Experienced hotel receptionist required
The Marine Hotel in Whitstable has an exciting opportunity for an experienced hotel receptionist to join our busy team on a part time basis.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in London and the South East; the Marine hotel is superbly appointed along Whitstable seafront. We combine the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant together with all the comforts of a modern hotel and
This front office role will see you working approximately four days per week on shift patterns ranging between 8.00am and 9.00pm, to include some weekends.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Providing a first class level of service at the front line on reception.
- Handling all customer enquiries via the telephone, email and face to face.
- Welcoming guests and checking them in and out of the hotel.
- Processing room reservations into the in-house system.
- Daily room allocation for room reservations and liaison with the housekeeping team.
- Cash handling and daily banking duties.
- Liaising with all other internal department to ensure the reception desk runs smoothly.
- Successful candidates must have proven experience in a hotel receptionist role.
- First class levels of customer service.
- You must be well presented and professional.
- We need reliable and efficient team members that are able to work in a fast paced and pressurised environment.
- You must be IT literate, conversant in all Microsoft office packages to include Word and Excel.
- Previous knowledge of guest line or Rezlynx would be advantageous to your application.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is negotiable dependant on experience.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- There is the potential for career development with Shepherd Neame in the longer term.
Please note that due to a high volume of applications, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
This is a live out role.
In order to be considered for this role please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.