Chef required to run busy pub kitchen – 20 hours p/week Monday-Friday - Rose & Crown, Blackfriars
Pub/Hotel: Rose & Crown, Blackfriars
Dedicated and experienced chef required to lead the kitchen
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced chef to take on the part time running of our busy pub kitchen at the Rose & Crown, Blackfriars.
Located in Paris Garden, we are a busy pub that is known for our great quality food, wide choice of traditional cask ales, lagers and wines and our popular grassy beer garden which gets packed during the summer months.
We are looking for a confident and aspiring chef that can lead our small but friendly team and oversee the smooth day to day running of our kitchen. We only serve food midweek at the Rose & Crown so this post will see you working approximately 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday only between 12.00 and 21.00.
- The ability to manage and run a kitchen with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience producing quality food.
- The ability to manage and train a small team of two part time chefs.
- Good levels and understanding of health & safety regulations.
- Experience of stock ordering, management and rotation.
- You must be hands on and flexible in terms of the duties required of you.
- Flexibility in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Hourly pay rate is between £8.00-£8.50 per hour DOE.
- This is a part time permanent role.
- Weekends off.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Great potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.
- As above