Full time lifeguard
We are looking for new lifeguards to take on the exciting challenge of working at Newham Leisure Centre in the borough of Newham, East London. As lifeguards you will be responsible for the day to day centre operations when on duty including cleaning and maintenance, preparation of areas and equipment for sessions as appropriate, maintaining a safe pool environment through diligent lifeguarding practices and attendance at regular pool training.
* Maintain a positive visual image of the centre to customers by providing a welcoming, helpful and professional service and ensuring exceptional standards of presentation throughout the centre at all times
* To ensure all wet and dry activities are set up in timely manner and run according to programme ensuring activities are delivered safely and effectively
* Ensure the safety of customers whilst using the centre at all times by consistence adherence to all relevant guidelines, regulations and procedures
* To ensure all pool safety / operating procedures are in place and adhered to
* To complete all necessary shift paperwork as required and maintain all appropriate records, systems, and financial procedures in accordance with standard operating procedures
* To maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness inside and outside the building at all times
* Assist management to continuously improve energy utilisation
* To keep records of all maintenance, repairs and tests of plant and equipment carried out
* Meet all Health and Safety requirements, including but not limited to fire evacuation, COSHH etc
Interested candidates will need to hold a current NPLQ lifeguard qualification, have a can do attitude and who will enjoy working within a team within a busy leisure environment..
As lifeguards you will be required to work a flexible shift patterns outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays. Benefits including holidays starting at 23 days plus bank holidays rising to 28 days plus bank holidays upon completion of 5 years' service. There is also a matched pension contribution up to 4% and free use of the centres.
We have exclusively retained Leisure People to manage the recruitment process on our behalf.