Sous Chef - Winchester
Sous Chef - Hotel du Vin, Winchester
Our appeal is all down to our attitude. Simple yet sophisticated. Informal yet luxurious. Elegant yet unpretentious. It’s a commitment to doing the little things brilliantly. We’re justifiably proud of our collection of 16 townhouse and city-centre properties. Each Hotel du Vin has its own character, shaped by the architecture, history and sensitive conversion of the original building. At the heart of each, our bistros serve French classics with a British twist. And thanks to our close relationships with vineyards and winemakers, our cosy, low-lit bars offer many of the world’s finest and best-kept secret wines.
In return you get to work for great brands with like-minded people with an award winning benefit package including:
- A range of fabulous flexible benefits to help you outside of work – including health & life insurance.
- A contributory Pension Scheme
- A Childcare scheme providing tax credits on any childcare you may be paying.
- Service Charge (department specific) which will be performance driven
- Free uniform
- Annual People Awards
- Amazing People Engagement and Activity Plan
- Employee assistance scheme to help you navigate through life’s challenges
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Fantastic company discounts including staff rates & Food & Beverage discounts at all of our exciting locations
- Major high street discounts –helpful when buying things to treat you or others!
Come and Taste the difference in our Kitchen… Second in command in the kitchen brigade, Sous Chefs need to be passionate, methodical and dedicated. The role involves assisting the Head Chef to take responsibility for the kitchen department, food cost, ordering, food and health and safety. You will be required to ensure that all menu dishes are prepared with attention to detail and to the highest standard. You will be required to manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of a Head Chef as well as motivate the team and share knowledge, training and developing chefs within the team. Our menus include a la carte, daily specials and our dishes allow us the opportunity to showcase some of the best local food producers who share our passion for great local and seasonal products.
Take morning coffee or afternoon tea in our Bar 20, dine al fresco in the charming 18th century walled garden or enjoy hearty, classic French dishes and local flavours in the cool ambience of our trademark bistro, all within the walls of our hotel in Winchester. Taste the finest fizz or discover a wealth of wines with expert guidance from our Sommelier. Find a cosy nook to relax in the low-lit bar. Choose a cigar from the humidor and retire to the Cigar shack. Take advantage of the unique charms of the Ruinart room for an inspiring meeting, celebration or memorable wedding. And when the dream weaver beckons, we've 24 individually styled bedrooms to retire to. Big custom-made beds, hand sprung mattresses with Egyptian cotton bed linen, huge fluffy bath towels, drenching monsoon showers and roll top baths. It's a fairy tale ending to a fairy tale day.