General Manager - 2 for 1 South East
Pub Name: 2 for 1 South East
Great pubs need great people running them, which is why at Marston’s we only look for the cream of the crop when recruiting our managers.
We currently have a number of exciting opportunities across our managed pub estate which totals over 500 Inns and Taverns. At the hub of this is our 2 for 1 format which is at the heart of our customer proposition. It is a high volume, food-led site with an emphasis on family friendly values. With an extensive menu and a large specials board they cater for a wide variety of tastes and preferences. The provision of full table service and a Two for One price offer on all main meals and specials means we truly represent a real value for money offering.
To be successful in this role you will need to have previous experience of running a high-volume pub restaurant operation trading in excess of £10,000 per week. You will be passionate about the industry with an ability to channel this enthusiasm into your team, developing the business through your experience and knowledge. In addition to these skills you will need:
- A Personal Licence
- Experience of running a pub with 1000+ covers per week
- The ability to recruit, manage and develop a large team of 15+ employees
- Profit and loss account responsibility
- A minimum of 2 years experience working as a Licensed Retail Manager in a Managed House
Benefits and rewards
Working for Marston’s means working for a market-leading company that offers a great working environment. We recognise and reward hard work and encourage development at all levels, providing excellent training and development opportunities. We offer a first-class package inclusive of:
- Competitive salary and bonus scheme
- High quality live-in accommodation (when included)
- 20% discount on food and hotel accommodation in participating sites
- Company contributory pension with life assurance
- Private healthcare (after a qualifying period)
- Save as you earn scheme
- Childcare vouchers
As an experienced Manager you will know the ins and outs of managing a branded business: from stock control to driving sales you will be at the top of your game. You won't necessarily need to know how to tap a cask or run a kitchen, we can help with those skills but you will be able to motivate and inspire your team to deliver unbeatable customer service. Confidence and personality are crucial in our pubs!