Receptionist - London
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently recruiting for a Receptionist to join our highly successful team.
Your main responsibility as a Receptionist is to take direction from the Front Office Manager and Reception Manager; you will run the daily operation of the desk overseeing all arrivals and departures to the hotel. Understanding what it means to deliver exceptional customer service and be able to exceed guest’s expectations is imperative in this role. You should have a warm, friendly and welcoming manner, and genuinely care about the guest experience.
- Complete daily check in and check outs
- Be confident about the daily availability so you are able to manage last minute changes and reservations
- Answer any incoming calls and forward to the correct department if necessary
- Act upon any guest requests or wake up calls
- Upsell the hotel facilities or a higher category of room to the guests
- Liaise with the housekeeping department regarding arrivals and departures and confirm when rooms are ready to be occupied
- Maintain and deliver consistent Firmdale standards
- Previous experience working as a hotel receptionist
- Previous experience using the Opera system
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Superb attention to detail
- Confident and warm personality
- Demonstrates a genuine passion for delivering a memorable guest experience
- The ability to work well under pressure and in a busy environment
- Excellent personal presentation
- Resilience and drive to get things right first time
As a Receptionist you will be working 40 hours per week on a flexible rota, where some weekends will be required.
To apply for the role of Receptionist:
In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, we do require all applicants to have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom. Documentation will be required at interview stage.
Why Firmdale Hotels?
Firmdale Hotels is an award winning hotel group with 8 luxury boutique hotels in London and 1 in New York. We have won the Queens Award for Excellence three times and the Soho Hotel has won The Cateys Award for Hotel of the Year.
Quality is what we are all about at Firmdale and that’s from our individually designed bedrooms containing original pieces of artwork to the Egyptian cotton linen used in the restaurant. We believe that the customer truly comes first and that if we get the minor detail right then everything else will follow.
Our culture suits down to earth, genuinely friendly, ambitious and hardworking people. If you want to be noticed and recognised for your individual contribution then this is the company for you
Due to the large number of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. Your CV will be considered over the next 5 working days. If you do not hear from us by this time, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Apply for Receptionist - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly