Butler/ In Room Dining Supervisor - London
Butler/In Room Dining Supervisor
Offering exceptional hospitality since 1865, Hotel Café Royal is an iconic London landmark, showcasing a magnificent blend of elegant heritage with chic contemporary edge. This 5 star luxury hotel is a member of the ‘Leading Hotels of the World’ featuring 160 exquisite guestrooms, including 49 suites and 6 signature suites, as well a unique selection of bars, restaurants, event spaces, private members club and the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre. Prominently gracing it’s presence on Regent Street at Piccadilly Circus; Hotel Café Royal is perfectly positioned within walking distance of London’s finest shopping, attractions and theatres.
You will become part of a special service team that engages with our guests throughout their patronage with us. You will provide a dedicated butler service to a select number of daily VIP and regular guest arrivals and departures to ensure a professional rooming experience and personalised welcome is received by every guest.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the delivery of In Room Dining orders as required and service requests for small VIP dinners and events held in suites or historical suites within the hotel
- Follow set systems and procedures to effectively profile guests and maintain 100% guest recognition of regular guests and VIPs, Remembering guests’ preferences, special needs and dietary requirements in order to deliver a high level of luxury service within the In Room Dining
- Prepare and stage all floor level pantries and personal guest pantries ensuring they are correctly supplied with requested products and equipment as per the guest’s requirements
- In conjunction with the Hotel Valet provide a seamless and professional Valet service in regards to packing, unpacking, pressing, dry cleaning and shoe shine
- In conjunction with the Hotel Concierge and Host teams personally coordinate any guest requests for external restaurant bookings, theatre tickets, transportation or other activity within London
- Maintain impeccable cleanliness, availability and peak condition of all areas, equipment and supplies within Butler floor pantries during service, ensuring IRD trolleys and trays are set ready for service
- Take an active interest in the London restaurant scene though regularly eating and drinking out, reading restaurant reviews and networking with industry peers
- A natural elegance and passion for providing a luxurious level of service that is personalised, confident and calm
- Proven background in a Butler or Senior In Room Dining role, ideally gained within a 5 star hotel or other high end hospitality establishment
- The utmost level of confidentiality and discretion, as well as attention to detail is the key for success in this role
- Your communication skills will be exceptional in order to flawlessly connect with guests from all over the world - fluent level of English is essential, and other language skills are desirable
- Naturally, your grooming and personal presentation will be immaculate
- Confident knowledge of Central London in terms of transport, services, restaurants/bars and attractions; particularly around Mayfair, Soho and the West End to ensure the highest quality service for our guests
- A qualification in hospitality and/or hotel management is desirable
- Experience in Opera, Micros, Hotsos, GoConcierge is advantageous
- On duty meal
- Uniform provided and laundered
- Fantastic training & development opportunities
- Be part of an exciting, up and coming brand in the industry – already a member of ‘Leading Hotels of the World’
- Recognition rewards, employee referral scheme, colleague football team
- Discounted room rates and F&B, as well as other lifestyle discounts
Ready to join the team?
Please apply through Caterer by following the 'Apply Now' link below. Please ensure to send a cover letter (outlining your suitability for the vacancy) and a resume that is fully up to date and correct.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates.
Apply for Butler/ In Room Dining Supervisor - London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly