Head Chef / Kitchen Manager - Live in available - The Ostrich Inn, Colnbrook
Head Chef / Kitchen Manager (Live in available)
Pub/Hotel: The Ostrich Inn, Colnbrook
Passionate and enthusiastic head chef required
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced head chef to join our management team at the Ostrich Inn, Colnbrook, near Slough.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of sixty managed houses in the London and the South East; the Ostrich Inn is a traditional food led coaching inn and restaurant that has the ability to cater for private dining, events and meetings for up to sixty covers. We also have an exciting development in the pipeline with a development and the introduction of our new guest accommodation in late 2016 or early 2017.
Working to our company brand guidelines and specifications with autonomy to develop the menu in the longer term, we want a head chef that can lead and motivate the existing brigade and help us move our business forward to the next level.
- Proven experience at a head chef level or a proven sous chef ready for the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of seven staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Live in accommodation is available if required.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please note that for the suitable candidate, this there is live in accommodation available with this role.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.
- As above