Head Chef or Sous Chef Looking for Progression - The Green Man, Brentwood
Dedicated and passionate chef required
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef or a Sous Chef that is ready to take the step in their career to join our management team at the Green Man in Brentwood, Essex.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of fifty four managed houses in London and the South East; the Green man is a traditional and historic village pub that is brimming with character. When the weather is warm, customers pack our large garden, complete with BBQ area pond and waterfall feature.
We are looking for a proven chef that can help us implement further structure and processes into our kitchen, who can develop our existing food offering and that can motivate and train our existing team.
- Proven experience at a head chef level or a strong Sous chef looking for the next step.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of six staff in a small but perfectly well equipped kitchen.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please note that this is a live out role.
Please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.