Head Chef / Kitchen Manager - Royal Wells Hotel, Tunbridge Wells
Experienced Head Chef required for busy event led hotel
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our management team at the Royal Wells Hotel, Tunbridge Wells.
Part of the Shepherd Neame group of 54 managed houses in London and the South East, the Royal Wells has recently undergone a complete £2.4million refurbishment and it now combines the friendly atmosphere of a local pub and restaurant with all the comforts of a modern hotel and event venue. Our two large event rooms allow us to cater for up to 200+ guests, so we are a very busy function venue that plays host to high numbers of weddings, parties and sit-down events.
Working to our company brand guidelines and specifications with autonomy to develop the menu in the longer term, we want a Kitchen Manager that can lead and motivate the existing brigade and help us move our business forward to the next level.
- Proven experience at a Kitchen Manager/Head Chef level.
- High volume catering and function experience.
- The ability to lead and develop a team of eight staff.
- A good understanding of P&L analysis, GP and menu costing, wage budgeting and purchasing.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- The desire to help develop menus and drive the business forward in the long term.
- The ability to implement and monitor health & safety and food safety procedures.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependant on experience.
- Quarterly and annual bonus scheme.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Profit sharing scheme.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for further career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
Please note that this is a live out role.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.