Sous / Second Chef Required - The Spanish Galleon, Greenwich
Dedicated and passionate second chef required
Shepherd Neame is looking for an experienced Second / Sous Chef to join our kitchen team at the Spanish Galleon.
Set in a prime spot in the centre of historic Greenwich and just a stone’s throw from the Cutty Sark, the Spanish Galleon is a traditional British pub with two bars, that offers a great quality pub menu in our restaurant, but here's the best bit, we also have a fish and chip shop inside the pub that's open to customers and passers-by!
We offer great support, training, salaries and company benefits and there may also be chance for you to join our proven chef’s development programme in the future which can help you achieve your career potential in the longer term.
- Proven experience at Sous or Senior Sous Chef level.
- The ability to run the small but perfectly well equipped kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
- The ability to support and direct a small team of five staff when leading the kitchen.
- Previous experience of stock ordering, rotation and management.
- Excellent levels of health and safety.
- Passion, enthusiasm and creativity in the kitchen.
- You must be flexible in terms of the working hours required of you.
- Salary is competitive and negotiable dependent on experience.
- Staff uniform is provided.
- Paid holiday allowance.
- Shepherd Neame company pension scheme.
- Staff discount scheme in all Shepherd Neame pubs and hotels.
- You will work as part of a friendly and supportive team in a fun and team spirited environment.
- Potential for career development with our chef’s development programme in the longer term.
In order to be considered for this role, please apply online now with your CV or pop in and see us for an application form.
- As above